My Reasons Why I Choose Lifestyle Photography

Photography is a beautiful art form. There is a sea of amazing and talented photographers in the Bay Area, and more closely in Santa Cruz County. I am inspired daily by everyone capturing memories and rocking this business. So why? Why do I continue to push and swim in the saturated market of accomplished photographers? The honest truth- Life is short. It is beautiful but abrupt. While truly magical, in the span of this universe our time on earth is brief.  This may sound pessimistic and dramatic, but it's reality and my honest reasons why I follow my passion and continue to capture the connections between families. Keeping memories alive and close to our hearts is the reason why I do what I do.

My mother passed away five years ago. Three years later, at the birth of my second son, a nurse told us we may never hold our baby again. Two different scenarios both gave me deep pain and the drive to chase life even harder. So every day I chase the sun and dance like nobody is watching! I never want to miss a single minute with my loved ones. I am straight up, like Aerosmith song, cue the music..." I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep, cause I'd miss you baby, and I don't want to miss a thing...."  I snap away day after day hoping to freeze magic!

I share my story to understand why I have a weakness for capturing the love between family. It is important to capture and treasure the raw emotions and the little moments. Those little feet aren't going to be little forever. Those squishable cheeks aren't gonna get any rosier! Everyone grows up (at least this is debatable subject ;)...) and life keeps on ticking whether you snapped it or not. So don't let those precious moments slip away! Create family heirlooms that will be passed down generation after generation. The photographs you take and keep are true family legacies.

The most treasured moments for me, are captured at home in the space you cook, read, laugh, dance and sing.  Home lifestyle shots are my jam! While some moments can be painful, life is beautiful. The memories my mother and I had were wonderful and I wish I had more concrete heirlooms to bring back those lovely feelings. My son is now two, thriving and giggling his way into everyone's heart! I am happy I follow my passion and photograph every step of life. The simple moments at home, when you are baking Christmas cookies or riding bikes around town. These are special moments I want you to look back at one day. Lifestyle portraits are important to me because they bring back the magical feeling of love.

So these are my honest reasons why I continue to follow my heart and photograph. Your life is magical and beautiful. Next time you see another one of my images of awesome children, you will know my reason why!  Plus, they are so darn cute and irresistible- I just can't!

Thank you for allowing me to share that magic with you and for contributing to my dream of freezing time. Cheers Friends and happy memory making!

Enjoy a few sweet magical moments captured inside different client's special place. Their home!



















Popular Posts